I hereby agree that, by registering my child as a participant at a Barefoot Nature Play Program, I acknowledge and agree that:
1. “Barefoot Nature Play” means Barefoot Nature Play Pty Ltd ACN 970 552 902 and its officers, servants or agents responsible for conducting the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which I am registering.
2. Agreement to Terms and Conditions: On submission of this registration with payment in full, the participant, will be permitted to attend the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which I am registering subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the Barefoot Nature Play Program, this declaration and any reasonable direction issued by Barefoot Nature Play.
3. Cancellation Policy: As we have limited spaces available for our Barefoot Nature Play Programs, we will charge a $70 cancellation fee for any cancellations notified in writing prior to 7 days before the start of the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which you are registering. No refunds will be given for any cancellations notified after 7 days before the start of the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which you are registering. We reserve the right to cancel any Barefoot Nature Program in circumstances where a minimum registration of 10 participants for each program is not reached. In that circumstance, a full refund for the entire registration fee will be provided to you.
4. What Participants Must Bring: Participants must bring their own morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and water bottle.
5. What Participants Must Wear: Participants are required to wear sun safe clothing such as a t-shirt or polo shirt, shorts or long pants and closed shoes with socks. A full brim hat is essential. As the participants will get dirty, wet and muddy, they are also required to bring a backpack with 1-2 sets of spare clothes, a spare pair of shoes, a towel and plastic bags for wet clothes. For the comfort of the participant I am registering for, I agree to ensure he/she comes prepared with spare clothes that can be managed independently (for instance: no fasteners they need help with and no shoelaces if they cannot tie their shoes).
6. Fitness to Participate: I declare that the person I am registering to participate in the Barefoot Nature Play Program is and must continue to be medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which I am registering. Should the participant suffer from an allergy and/or require medication for a pre-existing condition I shall fully declare all necessary details to Barefoot Nature Play. I will immediately notify Barefoot Nature Play in writing of any change to the participant’s fitness and ability to participate.
7. Illness: On lodging this registration, I understand that Barefoot Nature Play is unable to care for children who are sick or who have a contagious condition. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to provide alternative care arrangements in the event that the participant I am registering for is sick, generally unwell, has a contagious condition or is deemed by Barefoot Nature Play to be unable to participate during the Barefoot Nature Play Program for which I am registering.
8. Participant Conduct: The participant must not be a danger to himself/herself or to the health and safety of others. Barefoot Nature Play reserves the right, by the exercise of its absolute discretion, to cancel the registration without refund and exclude further participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Program of any participant who breaches this requirement or any other reasonable conduct requirement.
9. Prevailing Conditions: The Barefoot Nature Play Programs are conducted outside and in a natural environment. From time to time, the Barefoot Nature Play Programs and the conduct of and participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Programs will be affected by weather and associated conditions. Given that the prevailing weather conditions are unpredictable, I acknowledge and agree that Barefoot Nature Play cannot control the weather and associated conditions. The safety the participants is paramount to us. In case of thunderstorm or other extreme weather events, you may be required to collect the participant you are registering for earlier than 3.00pm.
10. Late Pick Up: Barefoot Nature Play will charge a late pick up fee of $1.00 per minute after 3.00 pm. Failure to pay the late pick up fee on the day will result in immediate cancellation of the participant’s registration and forfeiture of the remaining balance of the registration fee.
11. Inherent Risks: Participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Programs does involve risks of harm or injury to participants including, but not limited to, over-exertion, dehydration, equipment failure, weather conditions and accidents and such risks may result in the participant being personally injured or his/her property being damaged. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume (on behalf of the participant) the inherent risks associated with participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Programs.
12. First Aid and Medical Treatment: If required, Barefoot Nature Play provide first aid to participants of the Barefoot Nature Play Program and will arrange any necessary medical or hospital treatment (including ambulance transportation). I authorize and give permission for such actions being taken by Barefoot Nature Play where my further consent cannot be obtained and agree to meet all costs associated with such action.
13. Exclusion of Liability: Except where provided or required by law and such cannot be excluded, I agree that it is a condition of the registration of any participant for a Barefoot Nature Play Program, that Barefoot Nature Play is absolved from all liability for direct, indirect and consequential losses however arising from injury, harm or damage howsoever caused (whether fatal or otherwise) arising out of participation by the registrant at the Barefoot Nature Play Program I am registering for.
14. Photography and Videos: I acknowledge and consent to photographs and videos being taken of the participant for which I am registering during his/her participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Program and authorise Barefoot Nature Play to use such photographs and videos for promotional or other Barefoot Nature Play development and marketing purposes without my further consent being obtained. Further, I consent to Barefoot Nature Play using the participant’s image, likeness and participation in the Barefoot Nature Play Program activities, at any time, to promote Barefoot Nature Play in any form of media.
15. Access to Information: I understand that I will be able to access information of the participant by written request submitted to Barefoot Nature Play.
16. Privacy: I understand that the information I have provided is necessary for the conduct and operation of the Barefoot Nature Play Programs. I acknowledge and agree that the information provided will only be used by Barefoot Nature Play to facilitate the conduct and operation of the Barefoot Nature Play Programs.
18. Applicable Law: The agreement formed as a result of registration of a participant for a Barefoot Nature Play Program shall be governed in all respects by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Queensland.
19. Parental/Legal Guardian Warranty: I warrant that I am the parent or legal guardian of the participant I am registering for and, in that capacity, I expressly agree to be responsible for the participant’s behaviour and agree to personally accept the conditions set out above.